IEM PENANG - GEORGETOWN HERITAGE HUNT 2019, is a leisure event organized by The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (Penang Branch) as one of the main highlight for annually held IEM NATIONAL SUMMIT. There are numbers of stations located throughout the Georgetown UNESCO World Heritage Site at which different stations will contains different missions that all the participants are require to complete as many as possible during the allocated time.
Date & Time:
Date: 6th July 2019
Time: 0800 - 1300
Venue: Georgetown UNESCO World Heritage Site
Gathering & End Point: The TOP Entrance (Near KOMTAR Walk)
|8.00 a.m.||Arrival of Participants & Registration|
|8.30 a.m.||Flag Off|
|11.30 a.m.||Participants Return to Gathering Point|
|12.00 p.m.||Rest and Lunch|
|12.30 p.m.||Result Announcement and Prize Giving Ceremony|
RM150.00 / Team (4 - 5 pax / Team)
Activity T-Shirt, Certificate of Participation, Light Refreshment (Breakfast) & Lunch
Georgetown UNESCO World Heritage Site Map
Rules and Regulations
- The Heritage Hunt has a total of 16 missions to be completed at 16 different stations, all located within the Georgetown UNESCO Heritage Site. The same set of missions are to be completed by all participating team, each comprises 4 – 5 members. The team that completed the most missions will be the winner.
- All participating teams must gather at the start point (The TOP Entrance - Near KOMTAR Walk) for a briefing session. Location Map will be provided to each team after the briefing.
- The Hunt requires the use of a specially developed mobile-supported platform. At each station, participants should look for a mounting board on which a QR code is printed. Scanning the QR code redirects the participant to receive instructions on how the team is going to complete the particular mission. Some missions throw questions, while others may require uploading of live photos taken at the station.
- For each mission, only ONE response submission is allowed per group. If repeated responses are detected for the same mission from the same group, all responses may be deemed invalid. Exercise caution to check all information, and unite your voices before submitting your response!
- Wrong entries of group information will render the related mission invalid. The submitted response becomes invalid even if it fulfils all other requirements.
- Panel decisions on scores depend entirely on the received submissions at the platform’s back-end. Electronic or network shortcomings that directly or indirectly result in failures to reach a mission or to submit an accurate response, should not be a valid reason to back any teams for any additional credits.
- The entire hunt should under normal circumstances only be completed on foot. No modes of other transportations or vehicles, whether motorised or not, should be observed by any participants from any team, under ordinary or non-critical circumstances. Disobeying teams will be disqualified.
- Teams that complete the most missions based on the organizer’s collected database will be the winner. In the event of similar accumulated scores from 2 or more teams, the team that completed their last mission first will win out.
- The hunt shall end at noon. By then, all participants should gather at the Ending Point (The TOP Entrance - Near KOMTAR Walk). All input of entries at any points after the hunt is declared ended will not be considered.
- The organizer-appointed panel’s decision - after all necessary evaluations and assessments - shall be ultimate. All decisions of the organizer in all matters of the event shall be final and binding on all participants.
- The Heritage Hunt is NOT A RACE. No atmospheres of racing are encouraged at any points throughout the hunt. All participants and all teams should abide by the traffic laws and all relevant local rules and regulations not limited to those set by the organizers. Safety is always the first priority.
- Participants must wear the designated “Heritage Hunt” T-shirt throughout the entire hunt to ease regulatory works.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to take good care of all their belongings throughout the event. The organizers will not be responsible for any forms of damages incurred to a participant during, or related to the event.
- The organizer reserves all rights to amend the rules and regulations, postpone or cancel the event if it is deemed necessary. The organizer also reserves the right to disqualify or discredit teams or team members found to have supplied false information, collaborated, or cheated in the hunt.
T-Shirt Design & Sizing Chart
For Enquiries and Further Information, Kindly Contact: